What is the name and location of the wildfire?
The Park Fire is a 64-acre brush fire burning near Potrero County Park on Potrero Park Drive. Portero is in Southern California, near the border with Mexico .
Which cities or areas are affected by the wildfire?
What is the current containment status of the wildfire?
As of 6 p.m. Sunday, July 9, the Park Fire was reported to be 10% contained. The forward spread of the fire had been stopped as of 5:09 p.m.
Are there any evacuation orders or alerts in place?
Several residences northwest of Potrero County Park were placed under evacuation orders.
However, by 5:30 p.m. Sunday, all residents were being allowed to return home, and all road closures had been lifted.
The Temporary Evacuation Point (TEP) at Steele Canyon High School, opened by the American Red Cross, was reported to be closed.
Protect yourself from wildfire smoke
See how a wildfire smoke air purifier can help clean your air.
How can I protect myself from wildfire smoke?
Always plan ahead to protect yourself from wildfire smoke.
- Get a free air quality app for real-time air quality alerts and forecasts.
- Shut doors and windows and set the HVAC to recirculate mode.
- Run a high-performance air purifier to filter wildfire smoke.
- Contribute to your community’s outdoor air quality data.
- Stay indoors; if you do need to go outdoors, wear a KN95/FFP2 mask.